Wednesday 29 April 2015

A Birthday Card.

Hello!

I just used this gorgeous So Suzy Stamp in my earlier card where I had said that I was in the process of making a few more cards using this stamp... (Stamp name - Phineas the Peacock)

This time I decided to go for a different color palette... pink and peacock blue... :)

Also, it is a birthday card for a dear friend, so I wanted it to be all sparkly.

So, lets get down to basics...
Here is how I made it :
1. Created background using 2 distress inks alongwith 2 stencils.
(I picked honeycomb and Art is.. designs but you can pick any that you love, with this color combination, all patterns look gorgeous!)
2. Stamped Phineas the Peacock and Birthday sentiment (From a wplus9 set) in black archival ink.
3. Now this is the tricky and time consuming part.... I took a toothpick and some pva glue and bit by bit, coated Phineas in glue and covered it in super fine glitter... (It might not be so oooh... in the pictures, but in actuality, when light hits it, it sparkles crazy... like a diamond!).

Step 3 was major, and post that, the card was almost complete.

After this, since I had opted for peacock blue as my base color, I wanted the embellishments to be close to the colors in a peacock's feather.
The super pretty round bead like objects you see are called "skittles", available in loads of colors and sold by So Suzy Stamps.
Turns out, skittles get along fabulously well with rhinestones.... :) so I paired them up!

After that, I cut it into a square, distressed it (yes, using my humble little paper cutter) and set it onto a black cardstock.

How could I not make a matching envelope? It is a fun habit..  so I whipped out my honeycomb stencil and made one super quick.

P.S. I don't think it is quite visible in the photos, but I used super fine white glitter in some places covering up a few honeycomb cells. :)

I'd love to hear what you think about this project.
Have a happy sparkly day!

Linking this to :
So Suzy - April Challenge - Birthday 
Lulupu Challenge #48 - Watercolors 


Posted via Blogaway

14 comments:

  1. This turned out absolutely gorgeous and I bet Phineas sparkles like crazy!!! FABULOUS job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Monica, yes I agree, Phineas is indeed awesome! :) It's one of my favorite stamps. It makes every card look gorgeous! <3

      Delete
  3. Another beauty!! very pretty!!

    Thanks for joining us in the Lulupu Challenge #48. Good Luck!
    Hugs!
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halak! Its a beautiful card with a lovely background! Loved how you have given a distressed look to the paper! Thanks for joining us in the Lulupu Challenge #48. !
    Dolly - Lulupu DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dolly! ^_^ I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  5. Love how you try new techniques all the time! Thanks for joining us at Lulupu Challenge #48. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tanvi! :) I try to get out of my comfort zone and make something new as and when possible.

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous! Love your card Halak! The frayed edges look amazing! And Phineas is everybody's favorite!! Love it!! Thanks for joining us for the So Suzy Stamps Challenge! - Payel (Beau Monde Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa.! Dat requires so much patience & u have totally rocked it dear :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much does dear Rhizwana! ^__^ I'm glad you liked it! <3

      Delete